Woven Water Resistant Square Shade Sail (140gsm)
Kookaburra Shade Sails - Protects you from the sun all day long
Woven shade sails are the most effective sail shades for offering maximum UV protection. The ultra-tight weave of the fabric has been independently tested to UPF34+ making these sail shades near impenetrable by sunlight. More than 96.5% of harmful UV rays are blocked out as a result.
Beautiful, useful and festive, perfect for adding decoration whilst bringing a little comfort to those (few but glorious) hot, hazy days outside.
Our 140G sail shades are lightweight, water resistant and ideal for short term outdoor use.
In warmer climates, sail shades are designed with small holes in the weave to allow hot air to escape and to keep it from getting too warm underneath the sail. However, with the British climate generally cooler than many countries and more prone to showers, a tighter weave is ideal. You can enjoy maximum UV protection and shelter from the rain without worrying about being uncomfortably warm beneath your sail shade.
GSM stands for Grams per Square Metre, and measures the weight of the fabric to give an indication of its thickness. The higher the GSM, the thicker the fabric.
UPF stands for Ultraviolet Protective Factor, it measures how much of the suns harmful rays are blocked out. This product has a novel weave structure and denier (related to thread count per inch), which produces sun protective properties.
- UPF34+ (Blocks over 96.5% of harmful rays - certified)
- 2 year manufacturer's warranty as standard
- Water resistant, ideal for temporary outdoor use
- High density polyester (140gsm UV stabilised)
- Webbing loops on each corner (hem only, does not come with stainless steel D rings)
- Easy to install
- We recommend the installation space be at least 10% larger than the size of the sail shade
- Material: High density polyester (140gsm)
- Waterproof: Water resistant only
- UV protection: 96.5%